Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Glasses Can Be Sexy, Just Ask My Husband

Dear Readers, I am among a group of women who write for the wonderful website for women over 50 called Vibrant Nation.  One of the benefits of being a member of their blog circle is the opportunity to test drive products geared for women of a certain age and then share my opinion on the quality of the product with my readers.  If any of you read my post, What Not to Wear No Matter What the Ad Says, you know I have no trouble giving an honest review.  So, on occasion I will share on my blog a Product Review.  This is the first of many to come.  I hope you will find them helpful as you navigate through the many consumer choices we have out there availabile to us Women of a Certain Age.

Glasses Can Be Sexy, Just Ask My Husband


I was in the fourth grade when the nickname, “Four-eyes” was attached to me.  Near-sightedness runs in my family, but did it have to hit me so early on?  My first pair of glasses were what they call “cat’s eyes,” and perhaps back then I thought they were perfect. 
 
Eyewear has come a long way since then and so has my taste in glasses.

Laser eye surgery to correct my near-sighted vision was a blessing, but I still need glasses to read things up close.  Sure, I’ve purchased the drugstore variety of glasses but they are flimsy and most unattractive.  My husband of twenty-five years has often commented on how he likes me in glasses so I look for styles that compliment my face and encourage that familiar look of desire, even after all these years.  Icon Eyewear has a wonderful line of glasses; I know because I was one of the lucky ones to receive a free pair to try and when I put them on, “Wowza” was the word my husband used to say they looked good on me.  These glasses not only look good, they have substance to them, hugging my temples comfortably and the color and design make it clear they are not the dime-store variety. 
If glasses must be a part of my fashion accessories, then this line works for me. 

No comments: