Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Phone Flirtations Never Get Old

My cell phone vibrated while I was chatting with students from my history class.  Seeing it was from my husband I took the time to read the message.  Glad I did but I'm sure when I looked up to participate in the conversation going on around me I was blushing. 

My husband sent me a flirtatious invitation.  I was smiling that smile that lets others know you have a secret and are not sharing.

John and I will have been married 25 years in February.  I have been saying I want us to go off to a remote island somewhere to mark the occasion.  We've never done that and although I don't have the body I had when we first married, we have the same drive (ifyouknowwhatimean) and would have a wonderful time, just the two of us. 

But the other day he suggested we take a week and head up to the place where we are looking to spend the rest of our lives.  We could check out towns to settle in, land to consider purchasing, and businesses that maybe we might buy or open.  Not romantic, I know, but not a bad idea, either.

So if we don't head off to that desert island we always have our cell phones and sext (blushing again!), I mean text messaging.  Not a bad way to keep a long-time love affair alive, I'd say.

What do you do to keep the romance alive in your relationship?

No comments: