Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer Siesta

I have been so busy, but there are moments when my mind gets a moment to rest and when that happens I ask myself what am I forgetting to do? 

Updating my blog is the first thing that comes to mind.  I ask myself, "Isn't there a quick blog I could throw together?" but I am not one to just throw a few words on the page; my blog posts are written when I am inspired and tend to carry meaning beyond just what my day has been like.  Hence, I have several ideas that are crowding in my head but I don't seem to have enough hours in my already full day to devote to writing them down and publishing.

So, to ease my guilty conscience, I am going to say I'm taking the summer off. I wish I could say it is because I'll be laying about on a beach somewhere

but the truth is, I'll be chained to my desk

working on several projects and teaching summer courses online.  Don't get me wrong, I'm loving my work and wouldn't trade it for anything.  My good daughter, Adrian asked me, "When do you think you will slow down?"  My answer is "Not any time soon and not if I can help it." 

This IS my time to produce.  Yes, I'm older, my career could have started 20-30 years ago, but I was raising children then and devoted myself to them.  I am thrilled to have found a second (it's really my third) career that I love, am good at, and have more than I have time to do. 

So, I will beg the patience of those readers that visit my blog often.  Those of you that are here for the first time, perhaps you will take the time to get to know me by reading the posts I've published over the past two years. 

As I've come to realize, writing is my lifeline and I know that I won't be able to resist writing a post for the next three months; when I am inspired by a topic or an emotion, or a good story resurfaces, I will take the time to post it.  It won't be until the end of summer, however, that I will get back to my weekly posts. 

I wish it were me on the beach like my kids here.  I will be making a few trips to California, though and maybe I will just have to set aside work for a day at the beach and let them bury me in the sand.


Have a great, happy, and safe summer Everyone!  

No comments: