Thursday, August 11, 2011

Journey's End - for this summer, at least

Well, this year’s journey with Aiden has come to an end, or nearly so, as tomorrow we will be back in Las Vegas.  I sit in a hotel room in Fallon, Nevada, several hours from our final destination; Aiden is fast asleep with two dogs (secreted into the room) curled up around him.  Why is it that a week can pass by in the blink of an eye?  It’s true -  time flies when fun is happening.

Visiting with friends in Atascadero and Berkeley, California was mainly for my benefit, but I know Aiden had a wonderful time, as well.  My friends were impressed by him – “He’s so handsome,” they gushed.  John enjoyed having a little boy around and Joe and Sue loved showing him the “Bay Trail.”  But for Aiden, the true adventure and place to be was with Uncle Nigel in Oregon. 

Together they joked, squirted one another with water guns, fished from a boat (Aiden caught six and put two in the family pond), had coffee and hot chocolate together at Coffee Heaven, dug dirt with a backhoe, and built a fort.  Everything a little (and big) boy should do in the summer and crammed into four days!  It was magic to watch and I love the memories he made.

 
Back to reality and soon both Aiden and I are back in school.  I am grateful for the safe journey we had and for the friends whose hospitality was so generously given.  I am looking forward to taking Rain and Noble on their own road trips someday soon.    

Enjoy the photos from our road trip:





2 comments:

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

There is a good of pure contentment on your faces. That trip will keep your heart warm all winter. What a wonderful thing that is.

miruspeg said...

Lisa it warms my heart to read such a beautiful post!
What wonderful memories both you and Aiden have made. I love the photos too.
I will leave you with a quote:
"You lose sight of things... and when you travel, everything balances out." ~~ Daranna Gidel
Warmest hugs
Peggy xxxxx