Wednesday, July 20, 2011
I love My Blogging Friends
The blogging world is just the place for me - I have established friendships with people I have never met, who are my counterparts because we love to write and to share with the outside world. Each of us recognizes the effort it takes to maintain a blog and once in awhile we acknowledge that we just need to have a little fun. My blogging buddy, Just Stuff From a Boomer, has honored me with a mention in her blog and given me material for today's post.
The game is fun - I am to share seven random facts about myself and then pass the game on to five other bloggers. So, let's see what I come up with!
1. I have a secret desire to start walking and never stop and see where my feet take me. I am hungry for the adventure of the unknown: places to see and people to meet.
2. As much as I love the efficiency and swiftness of email, I love to receive U.S. Postal mail, especially when a package arrives!
3. No matter how hard I try to be organized, I can't seem to stop making messy piles or leaving cupboard doors open.
4. I have seen the miniseries, Lonesome Dove, at least 50 times. I'm in love with Gus McCrae, Robert Duvall's character and I wish I could meet him to tell him.
6. I will only write with a fat pen.
7. Sometimes I think I want to be famous but other times I am so embarassed to be recognized for doing something important.
There. My seven required facts. Now, Just Stuff asked some other questions that I'd like to answer:
Do you always sleep on the same side of the bed? Not just at home, but in hotels, when you rearrange furniture,etc. I am not that consistent! However, I do need to fall asleep on my left side.
Can the food on your plate touch? Yes, not a problem for me. In fact, I like to mix because flavors are enhanced.
My favorite soda, when I drink it is Vernor's Ginger Ale - nothing better!
Do you shut the bathroom door when no one is home? Nope. Too much trouble. And speaking of trouble, if I don't and my husband is in earshot I get into lots of it. He hates the sound of tinkling water.
Now, to pass the honor on and hope those I list will play the game as well.
Middle Age Ramblings
This Stop Willoughby
Please stop by these wonderful blogs and share your thoughts. This writing business is a lonely one at times, but thank goodness for cyber-friends.