Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I love My Blogging Friends


The blogging world is just the place for me - I have established friendships with people I have never met, who are my counterparts because we love to write and to share with the outside world.  Each of us recognizes the effort it takes to maintain a blog and once in awhile we acknowledge that we just need to have a little fun.  My blogging buddy, Just Stuff From a Boomer, has honored me with a mention in her blog and given me material for today's post. 

The game is fun - I am to share seven random facts about myself and then pass the game on to five other bloggers.  So, let's see what I come up with!

1.  I have a secret desire to start walking and never stop and see where my feet take me. I am hungry for the adventure of the unknown: places to see and people to meet.

2.  As much as I love the efficiency and swiftness of email, I love to receive U.S. Postal mail, especially when a package arrives!

3.  No matter how hard I try to be organized, I can't seem to stop making messy piles or leaving cupboard doors open. 

4.  I have seen the miniseries, Lonesome Dove, at least 50 times.  I'm in love with Gus McCrae, Robert Duvall's character and I wish I could meet him to tell him.

6.   I will only write with a fat pen.

7.  Sometimes I think I want to be famous but other times I am so embarassed to be recognized for doing something important.

There.  My seven required facts.  Now, Just Stuff asked some other questions that I'd like to answer:

Do you always sleep on the same side of the bed? Not just at home, but in hotels, when you rearrange furniture,etc.  I am not that consistent! However, I do need to fall asleep on my left side.

Can the food on your plate touch?   Yes, not a problem for me. In fact, I like to mix because flavors are enhanced.

My favorite soda, when I drink it is Vernor's Ginger Ale - nothing better!

Do you shut the bathroom door when no one is home?  Nope.  Too much trouble. And speaking of trouble, if I don't and my husband is in earshot I get into lots of it. He hates the sound of tinkling water. 

Now, to pass the honor on and hope those I list will play the game as well.

Sweet Tea

Mystical Journeys

Apparent Parent

Middle Age Ramblings

This Stop Willoughby

Please stop by these wonderful blogs and share your thoughts.  This writing business is a lonely one at times, but thank goodness for cyber-friends.

7 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I enjoyed reading your 7 facts. Do I dare admit that I've never seen "Lonesome Dove? Not even once...I will vainly admit that I would love to be a famous country music singer, but alas, I can't even carry a tune! There goes my dream of fame, right out the window.

Sweet Tea said...

Thank you for the "honor".
I'll be posting my 7 facts soon.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I'm a Lonesome Dove fan too. I had listened to the book on tape, back in the day, and the reader is excellant.

I agree with you on mail. I think the art of letter writing is lost on my daughter's generation. My mother still wrote long letters to her firends that weren't on-line.( Mom was) I remember that mail was the highlight of her day.

I enoyed your list. It's fun to see what other blog friends are thinking.

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

I am a Lonesome Dove fan too. I had listened to the book on tape, back in the day, and the reader is very good. Robert Duval and Tommy Lee Jones were perfect weren't they?

I also agree that letters are a lost art. I remember that mail was the highlight of my mother's day.

It's fun to see what my blog friends are listing as their 7 things. I enoyed yours. I could share some of them.

lisleman said...

coming here from Willoughby. I have not read a blog game award for at least a few months. I think the bloggers I hang around with now pretty much dislike them. NOT to say they are not useful. It got me over here.
One thing that I've noticed about them - the questions seem to assume a woman will answering. A good assumption since the majority of blogs are authored by women.
I like your answer #1. Not that I see myself walking across the country but the stories of those that did it are amazing. Did you ever read Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods". If not you should.

Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

Hi Willoughby - just so you know, Apparent Parent is written by a guy!

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I've read "A Walk in the Woods." Another favorite of mine is William Least Heat Moon's "Blue Highway." Guess I am just a wanderer!

miruspeg said...

Thanks so much for the award Lisa. It is much appreciated. We used to have a lot of fun with awards back in 2008 when I first started blogging.

I can relate to many of your random facts ie hungry for adventure, receiving packages in the mail, wanting to be famous and inconspicous at the same time, mixing my food together and leaving the bathroom door open.

How interesting that you only write with a fat pen!

Thanks for sharing Lisa it was great getting to know you a little bit better.

I am going to cheat and link my answers to an old post back in Sept. 2008
http://miruspeg.blogspot.com/2008/09/tagged-from-8608-miles-away.html

Big heart hugs
Peggy xxxxx