Sunday, May 17, 2009

No More Nagging- I'm Doing it!

May 17, 2009 No More Nagging- I'm Doing it!

What's that saying our grandmothers had about procrastination? I think it is "pee or get off the pot!" That's what a writer friend told me to do recently. Well, not in those exact words, but she got her point across. Linda (http://www.vegaslindalou.blogspot.com/), a successful book author/blogger/radio host/standup comedian has been on me to get going on the book I have been whining about writing. Linda suggested I start a blog; sharing snippets of my story, a method she assures me will provide discipline and accountability to this perpetual procrastinator. By doing so she is convinced I’ll have enough material to fill that longed-for book.

So here’s the debut of the Lisa Gioia Story, a compilation of recollections of a life lived spontaneously and some would say, erratically. It’s a life that for 51 years has provided me with amusement and, yes, sometimes deep sorrow.

Whether or not anyone reads the blog is of no consequence, it’s the work I’ve been putting off for far too long now. So, Linda – here you go. I’m committing for now to writing and posting a blog twice weekly; that’s every Monday and Thursday from here on out. It may take the next 50 years to get it all down but as another old saying goes, “it’s better late than never!

Thanks for the push Linda – wish me luck!

6 comments:

Question Authority said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! Glad you're here...

Gregory

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Professional nagger--that's me. But as I tell my kids, "Someday you'll thank me."

domnic said...

Oh yes, Dear Sister,
I did begin to notice your hoarding when I had the chance to visit you those few times. I thought to myself, is Lisa going to be like our Grandmother? And, if so, in how many ways? Well, it looks to me as if, you only want to be "green minded" like the rest of us in this modern day crisis of depleating our resourses.
America's shattered dream of believing we were all headed to some utopia, with all a human could ask for, like good eating, housing, food, water, security and entertainment- all that a human could ask for- reminds me of another period in my life that struck me as what's happening now. "Woodstock"!! Remember that moment in our history when our expectations were literally washed away, and we all had to make do with what was available and, here goes, how we joined together to get ourselves through a very challenging period. Can we do this again? Will my sister's blog open up the minds of others and help them to realize "Save The Earth"-"Save The Humans"!!

I am Lisa Gioia-Acres said...

When I start to write about you, my wonderful brother, the world WILL start payiing attention! I can't wait to tell them about you.

Nancy said...

Congratulations on you're blog... I'm looking forward to it!

domnic said...

Oh Dear Sister,
As soon as I figure out the details in returning a comment, my feelings and thoughts toward your love, happiness and beliefs in our success with dealings towards all these trials and tribulations laid on our family, will in my view begin to come out on your Blog. I was emotionally blown away with the contents you have written so far! In hoping I can be successful with the steps to Blog myself, I shall write and share with you and others any and all parts of my life seemed eventful to the challenges we had to overcome. Murder,Suicide,Brain Surgery,Mental Breakdown,Breast Cancer! will it ever end?